Saturday 16 June 2012

Time to get started

Hi and welcome to my blog.  Please bear with me as I am new to this and have no idea what I am doing.

I have decided to start a blog as some my friends have them and I always enjoy reading them.  I met a couple of them on a Baby Forum site and I already upload my "snakes and ladders journals" on there, but I wanted this blog to be about much more than just my family making journey - although at this precises moment in time, i'm not really sure what I want it to be about.  I am hoping all that will come later.  But for now, I will start with uploading my previous BC journals, so if you're interested, you can read my Snakes and Ladders journey of making my family complete, which is far from being over.  But, I am trying to be positive and I thought this would be a great way to start.

Here's a little bit about me.  My name is Wendy, i'm in my late 30's and I'm Mum to my georgous son who has just turned 7.  We live in a little house in Milton Keynes with our old pet cat, (who is 13).  The man in my life is Tony, (who's in his 40's) and he lives in another little house in Milton Keynes.  To some, we have a complicated relationship; we met, we lived together, and now we live apart, but we are happy and doing ok.  And who knows what the future will bring.

Life had been hard for the last year or so, especially the last 6 months, hence the name of my blog - My Snakes and Ladders.  I call it that, because my emotional journey has been like a game of snakes and ladders.... Each day I am slowly making my way, one step at a time....  And sometimes I find myself steaming ahead and up a ladder I go... But then there's those snakes day when I can find myself right back to the begining again...  or one step forward, then 10 steps back... I am sure you know what I mean. 

I have a fantstic son and although I am not done with trying to give him a brother or sister just yet, I want something else to focus on, so I am hoping this blog will do that and that I get to meet some lovely Mums who can get me back on the right path and put my attention back on to living life to the full !!!

Well, that's about it for now - thanks for taking the time to read this, although I still haven't worked out how I get this blog "out there" for people to read, but I am sure it will all make sense soon.

Hope to see you again

4 comments:

  1. Well this is a great start! I wanted to thank you for putting my site down on your blog list :) if you're looking for tips, join twitter and start following people, they should follow back. Check out britmums, loveallblogs, netmums and join britmums newbie bloggers forum. I can't stress how great it is to visit and comment on other blogs, people should then start to visit yours. Good luck Wendy....small steps and enjoy it :) Bloggers all seem to be very friendly - I am only 6 months in myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome...get your feet wet and have fun! You are going to do amazing things Wendy!! -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone. Looking forward to getting to know you all x

    ReplyDelete