Friday 19 July 2013

Gooey Chocolate Rice Crispy Cakes




 












I was having a clear out of my kitchen cupboards and I came across some Chocolate Rice Snap cereals that my son didn't like, some small marshmallows that needed using up and some white cooking chocolate.  So I decided it was about time I baked our old childhood favourites, but with a bit of a re-vamp. 

I
wish I could say that Adam helped, but actually I made them very quickly while he was at his Gym session so that they were ready to eat when he came home.
 

INGREDIENTS

ü  Bar of White Cooking Chocolate (Milk or Plain is just as good)
ü  1oz Butter
ü  3 tablespoons Golden Syrup
ü  Left over Chocolate Rice Snaps (Cornflakes or similar will also work)
ü  Cake Cases
ü  Sweets (for decoration).  I was going to use M&M’s but the Aero Bubbles were on offer, so I got those instead - 1 Pack Orange, 1 Pack of Mint. 

1)     Break the chocolate into a microwavable bowl with the golden syrup and butter.
 
2)     Heat on a low setting for 15 seconds at a time until the chocolate and butter just start to melt. 
 
3)     Bring the bowl out of the microwave and stir.  The heat of the melted chocolate and butter will continue to melt the chocolate, until it is smooth.  (If you continue to heat once the chocolate starts to melt you are in danger of burning it).

4)
    
Stir in the left over cereals and marshmallows, enough so they are all coated with no chocolate mix left in the bottom of the bowl. 
 
5)     Spoon into cake cases. 
 
6)     While the mixture is still warm, add your sweets of choice. 
 
7)     Put into the fridge for at least half an hour to cool (or on the side for about an hour)  
 
 
 
Adam loved these and even asked "How did you get them sooooo Gooey"  As you can see, they were a real hit - and because we used the Aero Bubbles, they also looked pretty good for grown-ups too.


No comments:

Post a Comment